Friday, January 29, 2016

Don't no


I've been researching my family tree's in anticipation on my journey to the motherland. I was focusing on me dads family but of course I'm like a butterfly and flit back and forth to me mothers side. I had thought the Moss's arrived from Scotland, born in the moss bogs between Scotland and England but noooo the earliest I've found so far is from Ireland but that works for me !  I knew all along I had an infinity for the green isle and the name Moss is so befitting as I have a thing for green. ;)

While researching I found a birth certificate of a great grandfather on me mothers side. I read it and had a moment. I wonder why after 69 years from his birth he needed one. But the emotional part was when he filled out the Birthplaces of his parents. How very sad is that.


Don't no. No other description or hints, just Don't no. How he, a very proud farmer, must have felt when filling in the form, I can't imagine.  I'm sure his heart ached as much as mine when I read it. But thanks to the great wide web and me dogged determinedness I will find their birthplaces and hopefully his soul will rest knowing they aren't forgotten.


2 comments:

  1. Awww....Not for either of them? I have gotten as far as England and Scotland and then lost my way with my family as our name is so common and nobody kept track....I need to get going on it again...and add Baby Blake in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a real lesson Michelle, so many sad tales of early 1800 families. One family had 18 kids! We know what dem dere Irish Catholics did in the winter to keep warm ;)

      Delete

Don't be shy. I know you've popped by :)